CAMBRIDGE AUTUMN FESTIVAL
2024 PHOTO COMPETITION
The Cambridge Autumn Festival Photo Competition 2024 is now closed. Sponsored by our fabulous sponsor PAUA Architects.
This year, the theme is…
“Capture your Waipā adventure”
ENTRY IS FREE.
Entries closed 5pm, Thursday 22 February 2024.
Open (open age)
Youth (under 19 years)
Great prizes to be won:
Three prizes for Open Category: First prize $250, Second prize $100, Third prize $50
One prize for Youth Category: $150
One prize for People’s Choice award: $50
More about the theme: Capture your Waipā adventure
Reach far and wide into the wonderful attractions and activities the Waipā offers and show us what people enjoy about our district. It could be brunch at a café, mountain biking at Te Miro, walking the many trails around Waipā, water activities at the lakes, the list is long. Whether it’s the fun of something familiar or exploring the beautiful Waipā district with a fresh perspective, this is your adventure, so it’s entirely up to you. Grab your family and friends and head out in a car, on a bike, or on foot – you have all summer to find and capture your very own Waipā adventure!
Photos will be showcased in a number of ways
– Photos will be published on the www.cambridgeautumnfestival.co.nz website.
– The top 25 entries will be exhibited during the first weekend of the Festival with an opportunity for viewers to vote for the “People’s Choice” award.
– Another community organisation linked with the competition is the Cambridge isite, who came up with this year’s ‘Capture your Waipā adventure’ photo theme. As the visitor information agency for Cambridge, quality imagery is vital to showcase the best of our district, and if any competition photos are stand-out images to promote to visitors, the Cambridge isite will be interested in touching base with the photographers after the competition to seek permission for their use.
The competition is open to New Zealand permanent residents (sorry to our overseas friends who want to enter, we love that you want to enter, but this one’s only for New Zealanders).
An entrant can submit a maximum of 2 photos, each photo must be supplied one at a time (with a separate entry form for each photo) and both entries must be entered in the same category. Each entry must be submitted by the photographer.
Images should be jpeg or jpg files. Digital image manipulation is allowed (e.g., Photoshop). No watermarks on the photo. Photo must have been taken within the last 5 years. Entrants must ensure they have permission to photograph and exhibit any subject featured in their entries.
The following photos and entrants are ineligible for entry:
- Photos of locations outside the Waipā district are ineligible.
- Drone/aerial photos are ineligible.
- First-place winners of our previous photo competitions are ineligible.
- Employees and immediate family of the competition sponsor (PAUA), Cambridge News, Te Awamutu News, Destination Cambridge, and the Cambridge Autumn Festival organisers are ineligible to enter.
The judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into. Judging comments on individual photos will not be provided.
Here is the time line for the competition:
Entries closed 5pm Thursday 22 February 2024.
Winners will be notified on or before 7 March 2024.
Winners will be awarded in Cambridge on 14 March 2024.
The announcement of winners will be emailed to all entrants shortly after 14 March, and the top entrants (approximately 25) will be advised that their photos have been selected for the public display.